Last Modified: [April 18, 2022]
- Children under the Age of 16. All website users must be at least 16 years of age. If we learn we have received information from a child under 16 we will delete the information. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to us through the Website or Services, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete the information from our database. If we learn a user is under 16 years of age, we will not disclose any personal information to any third parties unless the user has given opt-in consent. If you have reason to believe that a user is under 16 years of age, notify the Company in order to prevent disclosure of any personal data without opt-in consent.
- When We Collect Information From You. We collect data and process data when you access our Website, fill out forms on our Website, register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey, surf the Website, or use or view our Website via your browser’s cookies.
- What Types of Information We Collect From you.
- Voluntary Information
- When you visit our Website or use our Services we collect certain types of information from you. This includes your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, age, sex, marital status, race, nationality, or other information you provide to us.
- Automatic Data Collection
- We also collect information automatically through cookies and other tracking technologies such as information about your internet connection, your IP address, traffic and location data, logs and other information. The information we automatically collect helps us to improve our Website and deliver a better service.
- The categories of consumer data we have collected within the past 12 months includes name, email address, phone number and any other information you choose to provide.
- How We Collect Information from You. The data controller is Victoria Shin, LMHC. The technologies we use for automatic data collection include “cookies.” Cookies are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer that enables the website or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and remember certain information. We use functionality cookies to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. We use advertising cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our Website. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting in your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Website or Services. We also use flash cookies or web beacons for automatic data collection. You may also provide information that is public or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (“User Content”). Your User Content is transmitted to others at your own risk.
- How We Use Your Information. Processing of your information is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests and does not infringe on any fundamental rights and freedoms. We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on
how you interact with our Services, including:
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We pay process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. WE may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may process your information if you choose to use any of our offerings that allow for communication with another user.
- To protect out Services. We may process your information if you choose to use any of our offerings that allow for communication with another user.
- To protect our Services. We may process your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure, including fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To evaluate and improve our Services, products marketing and your experience. We may process your information when we believe it is necessary to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of out promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience.
- To comply with our legal obligations. WE may process your information to comply with our legal obligations, respond to legal requests, ad exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights.
We use your information to understand and store information about visitor’s preferences, to compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions, to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that we think you may like, to provide you with notices about your account, to carry out billing and collection, for customer support, for marketing purposes, and in any other way we describe when you provide information to us. We [do not] use automated decision-making in processing your personal information for some services and products. You can request a manual review of the accuracy of an automatic if you are unhappy with it. [We do not] sell personal information or consumer data for monetary gain or valuable consideration.
- How We Disclose your Information.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows: Data Analytics Services
- We will release information when it is appropriate to comply with the law or enforce our site policies.
- Do Not Track Policy: Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanisms that automictically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
- The Platforms may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Platforms. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Platforms. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
- Online Advertising Services: We use third-party advertising services to deliver advertising about our products and services on our Platforms, as well as other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on information we have collected (as outlined above) and information these advertising providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to your interests.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- How We Store and Protect User Information.
- We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. We have implemented appropriate and reasonable; technical; and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information .Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- No transmission over the internet or email is completely secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing personal information over the internet.
- We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purpose set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tac, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 2 years. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information ,or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in the backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it form any further processing until deletion is possible.
Right to Opt Out. You have agreed to receive marketing material from the Company and have consented to the Company disclosing your information to third parties for marketing purposes. You may opt out at any time. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact Insight@victorialmhc.com
Email Communications: If you would like to unsubscribe from any email marketing communications we send you, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If to prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies.
- Your Data Protection Rights.
- The Right to be Informed: This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The Right to Access: This is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The Right to Rectification: You have the right to have your data corrected and amended if what is held is incorrect in some way. You can request that we correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or request that we complete information that you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: Under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called “The Right to be Forgotten.” This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: This gives the you the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The Right of Portability: you have the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by you, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You may request copies of your personal data from us. You may request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. We may charge a small fee for this service or for any copies requested.
- The Right to Object: You have the right to object to further processing of your data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision-making and Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- Right Not to be Subject to Discrimination for the Exercise of Rights: The Company will not refuse goods or services to individuals who exercise their consumer rights.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at Insight@victorialmhc.com or 347-745-8195.
Victoria Shin, LMHC
1225 Franklin Ave STE 325, Garden City, NY 11530
You may reach our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to Insight@victorialmh.com